Dr. Michael McConkey is a researcher, author and podcaster specializing in behavioral economics and the evolutionary approaches to communications and psychodynamics. In addition to hosting The Biological Realist Podcast, he provides consulting and educational services, and does public speaking for a wide range of audience. (See the links at the bottom of this page for more information).
Michael lives in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. He has taught and published in a wide range of disciplines relevant to understanding human nature and behavior: communications theory; organizational studies; public management and governance; evolutionary cognition; evolutionary psychology and behavioral economics.
Click here for information on his forthcoming book, Not for the Common Good: Evolution and Human Communication.
- Ph.D. from McGill University, Communication Studies.
- 12 years as university professor.
- Three years as lead researcher at the Institute of Public Administration of Canada
- Co-founder of Lacan Salon (with Hilda Fernandez).
- Co-founder of the Vancouver Sociobiology Study Group (with David Clark).